Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Dec 29, 2014

a few changes

I am in Year 10 of this blog and I have never made a significant change in its appearance in all that time. I have thought about doing something drastic for the last three years - three years!- and late yesterday I began to tidy up the sidebar a bit and then one thing led to another and I found myself staring into the code of the template, the ancient template I have used since Day One.

A little experimenting with removing this and increasing that and reducing those, a brief fling with switching over to Blogger's "new" templates with widgets and customization that did not work well and the disappearance of everything meaningful to me in the sidebar, and at 3 a.m. or so, I was finished.

And pretty pleased with what I got considering that it was all kind of "poke this, prod that, and see what happens."

It is simple. And fairly clean and tidy. But not so clean and tidy as to be unrecognizable as my online space.  And it feels good in here - technological feng shui has happened and swirls of newly-freed energy keep me coming back just to look again and again.

This whole thing may be held together with chewing gum and band-aids (please don't go look at the source code and tell me why it's all going to fall apart) , but today it seems like functional space to me and I'm pleased.

I may even be inspired by this to get my website in better order soon. (That is held together with spit and a prayer.)
And I might actually put things in my Etsy shop.

Oh! It's the FOCUS word-of-the-year thing!
I know it! I feel it humming away already.

FOCUS POCUS! Magickal!























Me, reading poetry at the Downtown Block Party
Terre Haute 2013


1 Comments:

At 1/8/15, 3:26 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Wish I could have been there to hear you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home