Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

May 26, 2015

Weaving Again

Finally finished this.
(Only admitting this to show solidarity with others who might take three years to finish a project and allow their looms to languish. There are others, aren't there?  Aren't there?)

I had such a long pause in the weaving that I knew it was going to look different if I tried to continue with the same yarns, so I decided to change yarns completely.

The first part of this was very slow going, with finer yarns, lots of treasures laid in.  So when I committed myself to finishing this, I chose to go quickly with two colorways of Noro Kibou in clasped weft.  And it was, in the Saori way, done with shining eyes and self-expressive of my needs and desires of the moment.

I have it rolled up right now, awaiting my decision on what to make - I am thinking of  a vest and a tunic.  Meanwhile, I'm threading up a 20-meter pre-rolled black cotton warp...







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home