Lizards in the Leaves

Rustlings in the green....imagination, art, whimsy

Aug 4, 2015

Midnight Riff and Maysville carpet warp

Finished Midnight Riff with long braided and knotted fringe and hung it from a gathered stick which I sanded and polished with beeswax polish. The 'stick practice' is something I do as a conscious, spiritual practice and I should perhaps do a post about that one of these days.



MIdnight Riff was woven on a 10" Cricket loom, dressed using mostly Maysville cotton rug warp. I love that cotton. It is unmercerized and isn't a fine yarn at 1680 ypp  (size 8/4), but it comes in a nice lot of colors and it's sold on small 800-yd. tubes at $8-9 each, rather than pound cones at $18-24. A stash of these doesn't require a lot of space to store either. I keep more than 20 in a drawer (I lucked out in getting a large number of these at a yard sale!)





Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8/4/15, 12:55 PM, Blogger Reticula said...

Please do post about your stick practice. I'm intrigued.

 
At 8/4/15, 11:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, it's me Ana :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home